We've come a long way, Baby!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

As a lover of all things vintage, I couldn't resist sharing some of these vintage advertisements. 

Here is a Campbell's Soup ad from 1945. I have to admit, I still open up a Campbell's Vegetable Soup for lunch from time to time.  Some things really don't change.




Seriously?  All I had to do was open up a can of Underwood Deviled Ham?  Wonder if this will still work today?


This sugar ad just makes me smile.  Definitely don't see ads talking about the benefits of sugar anymore. :-)


Yep, this will win him over. :-) 
Although, I always loved it when my Mom served us TV dinners.  It was such a rare event, it felt like we were given a treat.

You can check out more ads on Found in Mom's Basement. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Peace☮Love♡Cook☺Play Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino