Cafe Rio Chicken...possibly

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I admit it, I've become a Pinterest addict. There are just so many cool things that people share, or 'repin' which is the correct Pinterest term. You can find anything from crafts to recipes to fashion to photography, and anything else you can possibly think of. You can 'pin' anything that interests to you to one of your own boards.

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I've been into crockpot cooking lately, and this sounded good and so easy so I gave it a shot.  I'll be honest, I've never eaten at Cafe Rio so I really have no idea if this is even close to what they serve, but I do know that this makes a yummy chicken dish. (winner, winner, chicken dinner!)  I served it as as chicken tacos with a dallop of sour cream and some cheese. Delicious!  This will likely be my 'go-to' chicken taco recipe.  Try it and see if you agree.  :-) 

You'll need:
2 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 a small bottle of zesty italian dressing (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkt ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours. Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos…etc. You can also double or triple this to make extras for freezing. Then simply thaw and reheat for a lickity split meal.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Peace☮Love♡Cook☺Play Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino