Black Bean Soup

Sunday, June 9, 2013


In my quest to make healthier food choices, I've discovered black beans. OMG, I love these little bites of deliciousness!  I love them in tacos, on salads...I love them plain!  I was so excited to find this Black Bean Soup recipe on Pinterest (another one of my obsessions but that's another story), that I had to make it right away.  It's now become a staple around here. Definitely use seasoned black beans. I've tried un-seasoned and the soup was a little more bland obviously.  But maybe you like bland, then in that case, you'll love it.  :-)
Either way, this is a keeper!


You'll need:

2 cans of seasoned black beans (drained, not rinsed)

1 can chicken broth

1 1/2 cups water

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 cup chopped onion

2 cloves of garlic minced

2 tsp chili powder

1/4 tsp cumin

White Rice
Optional for garnish: fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, green onion


In a large pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add chili powder and cumin and stir. Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 15 mins. Take an immersion blender right into the pot so that some beans are blended and some remain in tact. Place a cup of rice in a bowl and pour in soup, garnish with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese and/or green onion!

Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Peace☮Love♡Cook☺Play Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino