Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What is your favorite summer dessert?  Mine, hands down, is Strawberry Shortcake. Well, that and watermelon.  But tonight I'm craving a decadent cake to layer with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, and boy, oh boy, did I find it.  You might recognize this recipe. I think it's a pretty popular one from Southern Living. 

Oh my, this is seriously amazing!  Like 'out of this world' amazing!
I have found the pound cake that I will forever serve with yummy strawberries and creamy whipped cream.

My life is complete.

(Yes, I know that's a frozen raspberry in the picture. It spoke to me.)


You'll need:

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

3 cups sugar

6 large eggs

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon salt  

1 tablespoon vanilla extract  

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.

Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.

Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.

 
Enjoy, my friends!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Peace☮Love♡Cook☺Play Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino